good date place
Once I learned my friend's graduation dinner banquet was here, I started to become very excited because it's not very often where I eat at some fancy shmancy restaurant in Coronado.
I was expecting something like, being served by the waiters while we were sitting down. Instead, it was more of a self-served banquet..almost like a buffet sort of thing. Each table took turns to fall in line for the salad, and then another line for the main course. We were the last table so we had to wait longer to get our food, but the servers were prompt in refilling the food once they started to run out. By the way, the servers were very attentive, but they were not very friendly. I felt like they were forced to work there or something.
Ambiance was beautiful. We were next to the windows that gave you a beautiful view of the harbor and downtown San Diego. Towards the evening, they dimmed the lights so to give that nice romantic-y feeling.
So the food:
- Caesar salad w/ bacon bits, another salad with spinach, onions, and vegetable: pretty good. I love any type of salad.
- Chopped, seasoned potatoes were DELICIOUS. It was the likely cause of my food coma.
- Filet mignon: VERY tender, and tasty. They served it medium rare, and it was just so good.
- Fire roasted chicken with spicy sauce: it was okay....a bit rubbery when I tried to cut it, but was still very tender.
- Shell-shaped cheese pasta: nothing special. Maybe because it was sitting out there for so long that it didn't look appetizing
...And the dessert? sugar cookies that you totally could buy from Ralph's or something. I did pass by some other people not from our party being served dessert and they looked like something from Extraordinary Desserts. I was expecting something like that instead of. cookies. but oh well.
Overall- beautiful ambiance/view, attentive service, and good food. It would be nice to come back and actually choose what to eat and drink.